AMSOIL – Center Expansion Project
Project Objective – Increase the productive capacity of the blending and packaging operations so as to continue to be able to meet the ever-increasing demand for products both from existing products as well as projected new product development.
- Increase annual blending capacity by 2.5 times.
- New bulk unloading area will be constructed on the west side of the building for rail car and tank truck receipts. The structure will provide covered containment for the staging of up to six (6) rail cars with capability to load/unload three at a time versus our current one car at a time. The area will also provide tank truck capacity for loading/unloading of four (4) trucks.
- A new bulk tank farm will be built on the north side of the building. The tank farm will be enclosed to improve operator safety, eliminate storm water contact with the process, and reduce weather-related temperature variations in the product.
- An indoor tank farm will be constructed to store lower volume base oils and additives as well as bulk finished products.
- Existing packaging lines will be relocated from Winter Street building to the AMSOIL Center.
- All existing personnel and functions will be moved from the Winter Street Plant to the AMSOIL Center.
- Over the next five (5) years it is estimated that as many as 54 new positions will be created in Superior as well as at our field operations (Distribution Centers).
- Estimated number of labor hours over the life of the Project is 131,000 creating as many as 230 construction jobs and an estimated construction payroll of $2.6 Million.
- Estimated total cost of Project is $15 Million.